Christmas is just three sleeps away and, like a kid, I’m counting them down.
There are so many things I’m looking forward to. Here’s a handful of them:
- Making sugar cookies with my mom while listening to Boney M.’s Christmas Album. (Mary’s Boy Child may be my favourite Christmas song ever.)
- Cross-country skiing with my dad. It’s so much fun, great exercise and I always appreciate the refresher on how to wax my skis. Waxing is not my strong suit.
- Sitting around the tree at my parents’ house on Christmas eve and eating mandarin oranges.
- Waking up on Christmas morning. That’s it. Just waking. I love the first moment of the day, knowing that fun, family and food is ahead. When I was a little girl, those first moments were awe-filled; the 24th was the only night my parents left the outdoor Christmas lights on overnight, and I thought the glow from them outside my window was actually from Santa’s sleigh. So exciting.
- Watching The Family Stone and Love Actually — my top two Christmas movies.
- Playing Hearts with the whole family. And being prepared for when my dad inevitably goes for power; someone usually takes the bullet and keeps a heart or two to thwart his attempts.
- Relaxing. It’s been a busy year. I’m pumped to spend plenty of time sipping hot chocolate, reading magazines and enjoying the view from my parents’ place:
Just three more sleeps. I can’t wait.