Hello, hello. We begin this week’s post with gratitude for the little ones in both of our lives that made us smile during what was a rather heavy week. Chris’s nephews, Lukas and Noel, and Michelle’s cousin’s daughter, Sophia, are bundles of light. Our week was much better thanks to them.
Here, a recent shot of Sophia and her mom, Tamara, FaceTime-ing with family. She was able to concentrate after we’d assured her there were no giants lurking in Caffe Rosso.
Now, let’s chat about our list, shall we?
- Michelle has been wanting (scratch that, needing) a larger bag for work/travel/adventure and she thinks she may have found it here. As for where she will find the $$$$ for said bag, she does not know.
- Since making the switch to Kiehl’s face wash, Michelle has slowly transitioned out her old face products for more Kiehl’s and she couldn’t be happier. The latest addition: the Midnight Recovery Concentrate, which came highly recommended by two friends with beautiful skin. The serum is lightweight and ultra-moisturizing. Highly recommend this product!
- Chris has been gobbling up the all-natural peanut butter from Bridgeland Market like it’s going out of style. Seriously, it’s 10:20 a.m. and she’s already had PB on toast (breakfast), PB on apple (snack) and is planning PB + J (for lunch). Mmmm….
- At the top of Chris’ weekend hit list: The revamped Crossroads Farmers Market. It’s the grand opening weekend and visits to Healthy Funky Foods and Chongo’s Produce Market for some fresh squeezed juice are in order. And Michelle plans on picking up some of Molcajete’s Totopos (perfectly salted corn nacho chips).
- At the top of Michelle’s weekend hit list, aside from snagging a bag of those chips, is a visit to La Boulangerie on 4th St. Her typical order: a crepe with cheese, ham and tomato, and a cafe au lait. She wondered why the coffee was so delicious and found her answer: they make that delicious cup of goodness with whole milk. Calories, be damned. So worth it.
- Chris really loved this Elle magazine piece by a writer who struggled with the decision between creative ambition and financial stability.
- More writers on writing, Caitlin Kelly offers some useful tips on how to sell your writing and stay sane in the process.
- Congrats to Calgary’s Jelly Modern Doughnuts for winning Food Network Canada’s Donut Showdown! We’re partial to Nenshi’s Salted Caramel. (Toronto readers, you’ll be glad to know there’s a JM headed your way.)
- How cute is Audrey Hepburn?
Wishing you a great weekend, friends. We’re very thankful for you and your continued support of The Toque Girls blog. Thanks for reading. You rock.
~The Toque Girls