Happy Easter weekend, gang! Any fun plans? Michelle is heading home to Edmonton and Chris will be hanging in Calgary with her family. Please, someone make us a cake like this….
Let’s get on with it. What we’re into this week:
- Fun news: The Pineapple Challenge, a cool fundraiser for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada, is coming to Calgary on June 15. The idea is to tackle the 5 km obstacle race with your team — and never let your pineapple drop. Check out their Facebook page for more info! Also, if you sign up using YELP (it’s free to join), you’ll save $15. Just use the promo code YELP.
- Victoria Beckham’s new shopping site is up and it is giving us major clothes envy.
- Remember when Michelle attended and loved ENDURE: A Run Woman Show? If you were intrigued but weren’t able to catch it last year, don’t worry — it’s coming back to town at the end of May. For information or to buy tickets, head here.
- Mo Kenney, a Canadian songwriter, opened up for Ron Sexsmith on Tuesday night at Theatre Junction — and she was divine. Check her out!
- If you’re looking for a workout pick-me-up, check out Motion Traxx. They’ve got a two-for-one deal on podcasts until Sunday. (Chris relies on the cycling and treadmill podcasts to get her through the winter.)
- Have you read the much-talked-about confessional by Buzz Bissinger where he admits to a $638,412 shopping addiction? Wow.
- This NARS “And God Created The Woman” set is perfect for traveling.
- Least but not least, we wanted to wish good luck to Jarome Iginla. He’s been an incredible ambassador for this city over the last 16 years. Check out Calgary is Awesome‘s wonderful tribute with the very funny Iggy Goal Dance.
~The Toque GirlsPhoto via here