Finally! It’s been a long week. Let’s get on with it:
- Have you checked out Wild Mountain on the 17th Avenue? Right now, they’ve got on a huge (read: dangerous) sale on winter gear, especially items from The North Face and Smartwool (a.k.a. Best Ski Socks Ever). Chris picked up some yoga pieces from Karma and a North Face vest — all 50% off. Love the detailing on Karma bras.
- These new camo jeans from the Gap are awesome.
- Hip hop and R&B fans: have you been listening to Solange’s album, True? Michelle’s had it on repeat all week, along with Frank Ocean’s album, Channel ORANGE.
- As for more tunes to check out, have a look at Unsung Presents, a new blog dedicated to “underrated and under the radar music for the masses.” The new site is courtesy of a Calgary-based friend of Michelle’s, who remains nameless on the blog and will remain nameless here, too!
- Freelance writer Justin Ling has penned an awesome blog post about the realities of launching a freelance writing career. Great read.
- Speaking of writing, Michelle has a fashion story coming up on Tuesday in the Calgary Herald. The piece will be a preview of the 11 designers showcasing their goods in next Saturday’s PARKSHOW. Do check the story out and buy your tickets to the event here.
- Do you know the story of the woman who invented Spanx? She’s a billionaire — at 41. Find out her story here. (Awesome #longread.)
- Chris is enjoying some great outdoor workouts lately. For spring training music inspiration, she’s bringing back an oldie: Kara Goucher’s 2007 Endurance Boost Mix. (KG is one of Chris’ all-time running heroes.)
~The Toque Girls