Welcome to Friday, friends of The Toque Girls. We’ve had a good and busy week, which included checking out spring trends with Holt Renfrew’s lovely Lisa Tant. The much-needed dose of spring — featuring mixed prints, all-white ensembles and bright clutches — helped get us through this snowy week. Keep an eye out in the Herald for Chris’s upcoming interview with Lisa!
We were also lucky to receive some fun packages this week. First, some Cake Beauty goodies that we’ll try for a bit and write about soon! Second, some cute personalized stationery from PAPYRUS Design Studio. Check Michelle’s new cards out:
The personalized option would be great, as PAPYRUS mentioned, for weddings, birth announcements, whatever your heart desires. You can have things designed at the TD Square and Chinook Centre locations.
Now, on to more things that we’ve enjoyed this week:
- We forget to mention it because it’s such a regular in our rotation, but we have big love for Brava Bistro. Michelle was there last week and loved every bite of her burger and salad. Quality food every time. Thanks, Brava!
- Need a great mani? Book with Tracy at SwizzleSticks SalonSpa. She worked Michelle’s nails into perfection and the manicure lasted much longer than usual. Great OPI colour, too: Every Month is Oktoberfest.
- Last weekend Michelle watched the documentary, The World Before Her, which tracks two groups of girls: one training for the Miss India competition and one training in a Hindu extremist camp. It was fascinating, disturbing and entertaining, and she highly recommends it. You can rent it on iTunes.
- Duly noted for Stampede: beauty chambray dress. It’s on Chris’ wish list.
- And more for the wish list: Calgary’s Haithem Elkadiki is now designing women’s wear. Check out Chris’ story in the Herald.
- One more: DVF and Roxy collaborated on a sexy line of bikinis.
- With so much bikini talk this week, we offer up this helpful guide on why you should stick your bum out at the gym.
- Airlines get enough bad PR. Here’s a great airline story that will make you cry. LOVE.
- And here’s a wickedly funny pinterest board that will make you bust out laughing.
Have a great weekend!
~The Toque Girls