How’s this to kick off the weekend — a round of Nutella milkshakes, mini-donots and coconut cream pies, anyone? Just head down to Roosevelt, located in the former Classic Jack’s space. It’s been beautifully redesigned, courtesy of the talented Amanda Hamilton. We recommend the mac & cheese sticks and the albacore tuna sliders. (Rumor has it that they’ve a pretty stellar brunch, too.)
This weekend, we are both on diets. See above.
Things that tickled our fancy this week:
- We’re big Vega fans and this shake-and-go shake is now a part of Michelle’s daily morning routine. She has the chocolate flavour (shocker) but will try the almond vanilla next.
- The Big Taste starts today! Calgary’s food fest, when “foodies unite”, is an excellent way to check out some of our city’s best restaurants. Michelle was at a launch event on Tuesday at Double Zero, which is a participating resto, not to mention one of her favourite spots for pizza. She is eager to check out Anju and a couple of others!
- This has inspired us to dig up our red lipsticks and wear them this weekend.
- Mark your calendars! Zara launches its online store for Canada on March 6.
- Luna Blue has a great project going on that Chris is proud to support. From now until March 10, they’re accepting gently used fashionable shoes on behalf of the Cinderella Project, which helps teens in need get their dream look for high school graduation. The Cinderella Project collects dresses, shoes and accessories so every Calgary area grade 12 female graduate to attend their graduation celebration in the dress of their dreams.
- For anyone going to St. John’s, Chris recommends — no, commands — that you go to Rocket for the breakfast burrito, then hit up Fixed Coffee for lunch and a latte.
~The Toque Girls