Big plans this weekend, troops? We’re heading to MARKET this evening for a sneak peek before tomorrow’s grand opening. 6 pm cannot come soon enough. After that, we’re looking forward to a weekend of movies, writing, outdoor runs, spin classes and sleep. Chris came across this ski chalet bedroom while doing research for another story earlier this week. Wherever this is, she wants a sleep-in here, followed by a day of skiing and a night of wine.
Now, the things we like this week:
- This Valentine’s Day card from Papyrus is perfect for the dog-loving couples out there. (Papyrus has locations at The Core and Chinook Centre.)
- For “love month” at the CBC, the national broadcaster asked Canadian musicians about their first experiences with love. Plenty of TG favourites here like Dan Mangan, Ron Sexsmith and Whitehorse. Check it out here.
- In keeping with the topic, please check out this Modern Love column from the NY Times. It made us both cry.
- If you’re looking for a delicious wine to share on Thursday, check out a Chardonnay or Pinot Noir from Schug Winery, available at Highlander Wine and Spirits (and other stores too, probably!). Michelle attended a Schug dinner on Wednesday night at Alloy and her top picks were the Sonoma Coast Chardonnay and the Heritage Reserve Pinot Noir.
- We like tea and we’re betting you do, too. This is why you must enter our friend’s fab Valentine’s Day giveaway– a collection of DAVIDsTEA chocolate tea goodness — here. And if you win, when are we coming over for tea?
- Invite us for tea and we’ll bring a piece of the chai loaf from DeVille Luxury Coffee & Pastries. Can’t. Resist. Ever.
- Last but not least, we’re one comment away from 2,000. Someone please leave us a comment. We can’t handle the suspense.
~The Toque Girls
Photo via here