Happy February! Can you believe we’re 1/12th done 2013? Neither can we. We celebrated the last night of January with a Phillips beer tasting at National. The Beer. Was. Delicious. Chris will give you more details on Wednesday. Till then, here’s a quick shot from last night.
We plan on easing into February with a low-key weekend. Chris is pumped to catch up on Homeland and Michelle is excited to check out a few places she’s been wanting to explore, like Vine Arts, Bite Groceria and Vendome Cafe.
Now, on to the list:
- Michelle’s fashion story about Poppy Barley, an Edmonton start-up specializing in made-to-measure boots (which are gorgeous!!), ran in the Calgary Herald on Tuesday. Check the story out here. (Sidenote: Michelle is now saving her pennies for the military-style boots.)
- For those of you hosting Super Bowl parties, please enjoy this Macho Nacho Dip recipe we posted in 2011. Always a crowd-pleaser.
- This Laura Mercier luxe eye-and-cheek palette looks fantastic! The colours are perfect. It’s on Chris’ list of treats to buy when she needs a treat.
- Check out Rolling Stones’ list of the 50 funniest people right now. Let be your guide for searching out Youtube videos. It will be your favourite part of the day. (To make things easy, here’s the Daniel Kitson pigeon video. Ha!)
- Our latest new favourite chocolate bar: Moonstruck, preferably in dark with sea salt.
- This Madewell linen tee is outrageously comfortable. Chris wants one in every colour.
- If you haven’t seen Kid President’s Pep Talk this week, watch it. It is amazing, especially if you’re in need of a boost. “The world needs you. Stop being boring.”
On that note, have a great, not-boring weekend and we’ll see you Monday.
~The Toque Girls