Hello and welcome to Friday. We’re very excited for this evening, as we have a date with Leonard Cohen. See you later, Leonard.
As for the rest of the weekend, there will be workouts, lunch dates, coffee dates, work sessions, movie-going and, unfortunately, house-cleaning. We hope that whatever you have planned is fun and does not involve any house-cleaning whatsoever.
On to our list:
- InStyle’s 50 Best Fashion Tips of All Time are fun to flip through and will provide a bit of inspiration, if you find yourself in a clothing rut.
- This New York Magazine Pop-Culture Present Finder is a smart gift guide. If someone were to wrap up all the Channing Tatum movies for Michelle, she wouldn’t protest.
- Chris has been blasting The Lumineers all week long. You can’t be in a bad mood and listen to this album.
- Have you seen the new military-style coats for women at Zara? Want. Want. Want. Especially this one.
- We’re having big problems with the blog this week because the blog decided not to accept comments, no matter how many times we tell it to. That’s a shame because our post on Brin and Trevor’s wedding this week was one of our most popular of all time.
- The Soup Sisters Cookbook would make an awesome Christmas present. It’s filled with 100 yummy soup recipes from some of Canada’s top chefs and volunteers for this Calgary-based national non-profit group that provides soup to women’s shelters and programs for youth in crisis. The images were styled and photographed by Toque Girl favourite Julie Van Rosendaal and illustrated by another favourite Pierre A. Lamielle.
- As for a present for yourself, this Laura Mercier concealer is a miracle worker. You’re welcome.
- This article — 16 Ways I Blew My Marriage — should be required reading for any couple. It’s sweet, sad and funny all at once.
Have an excellent weekend!
~The Toque Girls