Happy Friday, friends! We’re both a bit giddy for the weekend ahead. Chris is off to Chateau Lake Louise for a wedding of two of her good friends. It’s going to be beautiful! Just check out the photo below. And Michelle is off to Kingston today to give a talk at Queen’s University’s Women in Leadership conference. Her fingers are crossed that there are no flight delays today! Safe travels this weekend, everyone. (From Chris: And good luck to you, Michelle. You’ll rock it.)
- The girls at Butter Beauty Bar who kindly put on Chris’ socks and shoes for her and even offered to drive her to her car after her manicure and pedicure last night. Thank you, lovely ladies.
- This proposal story is adorable.
- Sunshine Village and Lake Louise open for the season today and it’s been snowing like mad. Get out and enjoy it!
- And if you’re prepping the muscles for ski season, check out this pre-ski workout program. Freaking balance board — so horrible, so helpful.
- What are you doing on November 28? We think you should join us at ‘Twas the Night, dubbed as “Calgary’s biggest, after-hours, private, holiday shopping event” at The CORE. Jessi Cruickshank, the lovely MTV host, will be hosting the shopping event, which will also feature a performance by the Alberta Ballet, shopping deals, indoor fireworks and more. We’re particularly excited to see Noreen Flanagan, editor-in-chief of ELLE Canada. The event begins at 6:30 p.m. and runs till 10. To get in, organizers ask you donate $15; all proceeds will be donated to The United Way of Calgary’s new initiative, BeCause, and the National Music Centre Project. You can buy a ticket here or at the CORE’s customer service area. Hope to see you there!
- Remember this: Rocky Mountain Foot Butter. Chris has been using it all month in an attempt to spare her feet from Calgary dryness and the girls at Butter complimented her on her soft feet yesterday.
- So….has anyone been watching Nashville? Michelle stumbled onto it a few weeks ago and might be hooked. The country girl in her can’t help it. (And was anyone else reminded of The Civil Wars during that duet on Wednesday night? So good.)
- This New York Times Piece, called The Heart Grows Smarter by David Brooks, is interesting. Do men become more emotionally intelligent as they age? The study that Brooks discusses says ‘yes.’ (Thanks to Sheila Heti for tweeting it!)
We’ll see you Tuesday!
~The Toque Girls