Happy November! We hope you’re having an excellent start to the month and a great Friday so far. It’s time to make one person’s day even better and announce the winner of the gorgeous, sparkly pair of earrings from Hillberg & Berk. You all loved the earrings — we had more than 50 contest entries on the post! As for who gets them, our winner is Lynsey Frank (hi Lynsey! says Michelle). Congratulations! We’ll pass your name on to the lovely girls at H&B and they’ll ensure your earrings are ready at the new holiday store in Calgary’s Mount Royal Village. We hope the news makes you so happy, Lynsey, that you dance for joy, as Michelle and her cousin, Tamara, were doing at Bow Falls last weekend. They hadn’t won earrings; they were just being goofs.
Now, on to the list:
- For all the runners out there, The Running Room has a new online shop that looks pretty slick. Michelle is eyeing this for her winter runs.
- Speaking of staying warm, we hear these Roots leggings are divine. They’re lined in fleece. ‘Nuff said.
- Michelle just finished two books and loved both of them. The first was Sheila Heti’s How Should a Person Be? and the second was Rainer Maria Rilke’s Letters to a Young Poet. Rilke’s letters about life, love, family, solitude and more made her tear up nearly every time she picked up the book. Highly recommend both reads.
- Chris is looking forward to seeing the documentary Searching For Sugar Man this weekend. It’s the story of two South Africans who set out to find Rodriguez, a Detroit-based rocker became an inspiration in anti-apartheid South Africa. Chris had no idea of the story behind Rodriguez but has been hooked on him for years after she became friends with a bunch of South African surfers in Cyprus one summer. Check out his music: it’s beautiful.
- Anyone inspired to have a little winter weekend getaway should check out the Banff Mountain Film and Book Festival. It’s always one of Chris’ favourite fall weekends. There’s a show tonight called Ski Like a Girl that sounds incredible.
- Chris made oatmeal similar to this every morning this week and it was awesome.
Have a great weekend, friends. We’ll see you Monday.
~The Toque Girls