Do you ever go to the Bridgeland Market? Chris lives nearby and they always make her laugh with their crazy signs like this one for Halloween. Extra fun: they’re giving away free pumpkins this weekend to anyone who buys something from the market.
Let’s talk about things we’re digging this week:
- Michelle bought this water bottle last weekend and has been loving it since. You can’t really tell from the photo, but it’s a beautiful water bottle (yes, she just said “beautiful water bottle”). The bottle has been receiving compliments all week.
- Michelle also bought a new hip hop album, The Heist by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, and can’t stop listening. If you’re into hip hop, buy it. You have to. (You should also check out this vid and this one, too. Warning to moms and dads and grandmas — hi grandma Ada! — who read the blog: bad words in the first video. Perhaps you should skip it.)
- For our friends with kids — or for our friends who are really into Halloween — you might want to check out TELUS Spark’s Monster Mash-Up this weekend. For the price of admission to the centre, you’ll have access to cool Halloween costume stuff (like LEDs), toy mash-ups (no idea but sounds good), face painting and much more monster-inspired madness.
- These tips on how to be happy at work seem especially relevant now that we’re settling into fall.
- These pants would also help us be happy. They’re super sexy.
- Check out Avenue Magazine’s 10 beautiful Calgary-made or designed products.
- Chris is staying up late this week reading Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner. It won the Pulitzer Prize in 1972. Why did no one ever tell her about this book before?
- Have you read Stella Boonshoft‘s story this week? She’s earned our respect.
- Whatever you call them, toques are awesome. See?
- Canadian Mountain Rocky Resorts opened Bar C in town this week. We’re nuts about everything else they do (Emerald Lake Lodge, Divino, Cilantro) and the menu looks delish.
Have fun this weekend!
~The Toque Girls