It’s amazing that this post made it out on time today. We’re both complete messes this week. Michelle thought Wednesday was Monday and Chris thought Thursday was Tuesday. Clearly, we need a weekend to get ourselves in order.
Chris will be hitting up Peloton Cycling tomorrow for their open house. They’ve got some awesome prizes to give away and the proceeds are going to Kids Cancer Care. It’s Chris’ first foray into a fitness class since her Achilles tendon went nutso 12 weeks ago. Wish her luck! Michelle will be getting her post-Thanksgiving, post-Dominican bod back to the gym, too.
Now, for Things We Like:
- Old photos. Exactly ten years ago this month, Chris was on an epic journey throughout Europe and the Middle East with two of her best friends. They rode camels (see above — no laughing at the outfit! It was HOT!), ate cake from Saudi Arabia for Chris’ birthday, toured down the Nile with a bunch of Dutch seniors, chased sunsets, lived through a storm in the desert, traveled into occupied territories, got seriously sick. It was the trip of a lifetime. Chris was going through old photos this week and found this one of her riding a camel on her birthday. It’s a good reminder of the importance of friends and a healthy sense of adventure.
- Sharp magazine has published its picks for the The Best Coffee Shops in Canada and we’re thrilled to see three of our Calgary faves on the list: deVille, Higher Ground and Phil & Sebastian. Congrats!
- On to a beverage of another kind: wine. The Rocky Mountain Wine and Food Festival kicks off today at Stampede Park. Are you going? It’s always fun. Our advice: wear flats.
- If you’re thinking about going on a wine-buying splurge, check out Wine Enthusiast’s Top 100 Best Buys of 2012. Some good ones here!
- Chris’ dear friend Colette bought her this fantastic book for her birthday. Chris stayed up late last night planning weekend getaways all over North America.
- After reading about how this serum has won all kinds readers’ choice awards, Michelle bought a bottle. She’s used it twice so far and she looks YEARS younger. She wishes. Not sure if there’s a difference yet at all, but her skin does feel really smooth.
~The Toque Girls