Happy Thanksgiving! We’re thankful for many things — great family, friends, readers and dark chocolate, to name a handful. We’re also thankful to have the opportunity to travel to fantastic places. Chris has been enjoying Chicago this week and Michelle is loving her life in the Dominican Republic right now. (We’ll assume she is because she wrote this on Tuesday, pre-trip. Even if it rains, she’s just happy to have escaped the snow in Calgary.)
Now, let’s get to the list:
- This pressed powder by MAC is Michelle’s new ‘don’t leave home without it’ staple.
- Speaking of favourites, when the wind started to blow on Monday night, Michelle got cozy in her tattered Billabong hoodie. She’s had it for years and swears it’s the comfiest one around. She may have to get a replacement soon, like this one in orange.
- Remember Chris’ friend Melissa who moved to NYC for culinary school? She invented two knock-your-socks-off avocado recipes. Check them here. Can’t wait to come visit you, Melissa!
- This Zoya nail polish is a great red, if you’re looking for one, friends.
- Chris laughed all the way to Chicago as she read Charlotte Street by Danny Wallace. The book is set in Chris’ old ‘hood near London’s Angel tube stop.
- Yum yum. Maclean’s magazine put together a list of Canada’s 50 best restaurants. Congrats to the Calgary restaurants that make the list: Charcut Roast House, The River Café, Cassis Bistro, Ox & Angela and Model Milk. A special shout-out for Corso 32, an Edmonton restaurant that’s on the list, too — it’s Michelle’s friend’s place and she’s dying to check it out.
- If you haven’t seen Marcel the Shell before, watch this video. And then watch this one. Amazing.
Have a wonderful long weekend, our Canadian readers. We’ll be back on Tuesday!
~The Toque Girls
*Photo via here.