Happy Friday! The weather forecast for this weekend is making us happy girls, even though we have work to do. Michelle will be working on a talk she’s giving in November at Queen’s University (working on it while sipping on lemonade and sitting in the sun, she hopes) and Chris will be soaking up the sun, riding her bike from Canmore to Banff. What do you have planned? If you’re hitting the golf course one more time, enjoy. Michelle was out in Canmore this week (below, with her friend Ashley). The swinging didn’t help her lower back — which she’d tweaked at the gym the night before. If you see her hobbling around Calgary this weekend, please don’t laugh.
- We hear that H&M at the CORE will be one of six stores in Canada to carry a new collaboration with Anna Dello Russo, beginning on October 4. We perused this slideshow of her pieces and fell in love with the turquoise suitcase and gold bangles.
- Michelle checked out Candela Lounge last Friday and was so, so happy that the new restaurant on 4th St., which comes to us courtesy of the geniuses at Alloy *her fave*, lived up to her high, high expectations. The room is gorgeous, the food is delicious — the calamari and fish tacos were her top picks out of six tapas-style dishes that she and her friend sampled — and the service was friendly and quick. She will be back soon.
- Speaking of Alloy, have you tried the peanut butter banana bread pudding? If not, do it. Do it now.
- Chris is counting down the minutes to Monday when the new Mumford & Sons’ new album Babel comes out. (Michelle is, too!)
- Looking for a good read? Check out the curious tale of Kip Litton, a dentist who became infamous in the running community for his impossibly good performances.
- If you’re ever driving through Salmon Arm or Armstrong, BC, stop in at DeMille’s Farm Market. They have an enormous selection of locally grown fruits and veggies, and fresh breads. Their sausages are so good that, on Sunday morning, Chris and husbs walked in with an empty cooler and shouted, “Fill ‘er up! We’ll take every one you’ve got.”
Have fun this weekend, friends.
~The Toque Girls