Hello weekend! Chris is still loafing about beaches and drinking wine on vacation. This is her morning view:
She’ll be back Sunday and in need of some kind words (possibly therapy?) to get her through the first week back at work.
Michelle is sticking around town this weekend and is looking forward to tackling her stack of new magazines (hello, Vogue and Glamour) and her stack of laundry (boo).
Onto what we think you should know about this week:
- You know we can’t get enough of subscription boxes. Here’s a new one Chris is really pumped for: Brendan Brazier has launched the Conscious Box: $19.95 monthly for a box for top vegan products. (Brazier’s Vega makes the absolute best protein bars on earth, these chocolate coconut bars. Chris always has one in her bag.)
- When Chris and family were in Invermere last week, they ordered pizza from Peppi’s Italian Fuel. Mamma Mia, this stuff is good! Or as her 18-month-old nephew put it, “Pizza! Yay!”
- Chris’ good friend, Mel — she who makes these yummy Christmas treats — has moved to NYC to go to culinary school. She’s blogging about her adventures here. Love the blog, Mel!
- Take note, brides-to-be! We just heard about an Australian bridal fashion line called Grace Loves Lace. We love lace, too, and think some of the boho-inspired dresses — which are affordable and can be shipped to Canada — are gorgeous.
- Love this post-race photo from last weekend’s Canmore Rocky Mountain run, which Michelle tackled with her friends Anna and Jen. It’s such a beautiful run! (But you wouldn’t know from the photo — we were celebrating by grabbing coffee at Communitea Cafe.)
- If you’re a writer, you might want to check out these useful tips.
- And if you’re into supporting good causes, check out Boobyball YYC: Camp Booty, a breast cancer fundraiser at the Devonian Gardens. A friend gave us the heads up and we think the event, to be held on October 25, looks like fun!
See you Monday, friends.