Let’s begin by talking about steak. Have you had the steak salad at Laurier Lounge? It’s massive and delicious. We just thought you should know.
Now that that’s out of the way, happy Friday! What do you have planned for the weekend? Michelle is heading to Banff with some girlfriends. Their plan is to eat and drink well on Saturday night, but not too well, because they’re running the Canmore Rocky Mountain 5K race on Sunday morning. Chris is taking off for a much-needed vacation — she’ll give you all the deets on the trip next week.
Moving on to our list for this week:
- We hear this stuff is incredible for the skin. Michelle just picked up a bottle and will report back.
- She also nabbed a sample of Make Up For Ever’s Rouge Artist Intense lipstick in Satin Raspberry Red. A perfect bright red.
- Hooray! A Toque Girls fave, Stillwater Spa, has reopened after renovations. We can’t wait to check out the makeover.
- How cool is this? Design your own shoes online. Thanks to Christine Gibson – a stylish Calgarian, indeed — for passing on the site!
- One of the women who made us love books, Judy Blume, told this world that she had breast cancer this week. Read her brave and, naturally, brilliantly-written story on her blog here.
- Chris’s boy surprised her with these pajamas for their wedding anniversary. So comfortable!
- And he took her to dinner at The Living Room that night where she ate the BEST Indian-inspired ahi tuna tacos. Rumour has it that these tacos are now on the menu at Anejo, the new restaurant from the folks at The Living Room. Anejo is the first stop on Chris’ list as soon as she gets back from vacay. Who wants to join?
- Also new this week: Candela. We’re hearing good things about this new restaurant (as you’d expect — Candela is started by the owners of Alloy).
Have a great weekend!
~The Toque Girls