Is it crazy to you guys that we’re midway through August? It’s freaking us out. The Toque Girls have resolved to relax more and work less for the rest of the summer. We’re kicking it off now by getting this weekend off to an early start. Patios and drinks, here we come!
With no further ado, this is what we’re digging this Friday:
- Chris’ Mom because she bought Chris this dress for her birthday present. All hail the awesomeness of Mama Frangou.
- Looking for some new ab moves? Try this workout. Chris did it on Tuesday and is still swearing over it.
- Michelle has been loving two albums this week. The first is Of Monsters and Men‘s album, My Head Is An Animal; the second is The Gaslight Anthem‘s new album, Handwritten. The Gaslight Anthem will be playing Calgary’s BMO Centre on October 6, but that’s Thanksgiving weekend and she will likely be in Edmonton to visit family and to eat turkey. OH! They’re also playing in Edmonton on October 7. *jumping up and down* Anyone in Etown want to go with?
- TELUS Spark is gearing up for its third annual fundraising run, the Urban Venus Deliciously Sweet Run, taking place on Sunday, September 16. With mini-manicures, cupcakes and goodie bags, it’s basically our dream race. You can sign up for a 5 km walk/run, a 10km run or a kids’ 1 km cupcake chase. Head here for more info and/or to register.
- Chris is hooked on NARS Velvet Matte Lip pencil in dolce vite. It was recommended by a make-up artist friend who swears by this pencil. Just apply, dab a little bit of shimmery eye shadow or blush in the center of your bottom lip and hello irresistible.
- Have you seen the movie Ruby Sparks? Michelle saw it with a girlfriend and thoroughly enjoyed it. It’s cute, strange and sad. It’s also funny, although she and her friend laughed harder than others at some parts (ie. “I don’t know how! It’s love! It’s magic!” Mind you, they’d just had dinner and discussed a few non-magical aspects of finding love, so they were not reliable humour barometers at that point.)
~The Toque Girls