We’re not sure why short work weeks seem so long, but…they do. Bonjour, Friday. We are very happy to see you. Tonight, the Toque Girls have a sushi and movie date. As for the rest of the weekend, we’re not sure what’s in store.
We will tell you, however, what’s in Holt Renfrew stores on September 8 and online at holtrenfrew.com on August 24: scented candles created by Sir Elton John, David Furnish and NEST. Candles are $50 apiece and a portion of the proceeds will be given to the Elton John AIDS Foundation. Mark those days in your calendars, friends! The candles look gorgeous, come in two scents and support a great cause.
On to our hot list for the week:
- Happy news. Tory Burch is opening a 2,600-square foot boutique in Chinook Centre in late September! We are fans and can’t wait to check out the new store.
- Michelle is addicted to this new Matt Mays song. So good!
- Chris stopped in a Mountain Mercato in Canmore a few weekends ago and fell head over heels for their paninis. Their turkey panini is out of this world. It has slices of fennel in it. Delish!
- Here’s a new take on medal counts, adjusted for population. Check out how high up Cyprus is! The country won its first ever Olympic medal this week.
- How awesome is this tattoo?
- Less awesome: how freaky one looks wearing the Nordic Treat Sparkling Wine face mask. Michelle has a picture of herself wearing the white patches that cover her whole face but thought it best not to share. Scary. The upside is that the mask felt great while she wore the patches and her skin felt fantastic for hours afterwards. She will try it again….when no one else is around.
Have a great weekend, friends. And, on this last Olympic weekend, go Canada!!
~The Toque Girls