It’s finally here! Hello long weekend. Hello bikinis and bikes and outdoor dining. It’s been far too long.
This week, we’ve put together an extra long “Things We Like” Fridays because we’re taking Monday off. Chat with you Tuesday!
- The Olympics. What an amazing show so far! We’re giving a special shout-out to Calgary’s Jessica Zelinka (above), who competes in the heptathlon today and 100-metre hurdles this weekend. Good luck!
- Ever wonder which Olympic sport your body is most suited for? Check it out with Olympic Sport Body Match. Alas, Chris’ lack of height rules out most sports. Her best sports, according to BBC: gymnastics, 1,500 metres or (ha!) mountain biking.
- Three cheers for Chris’ high school, Brentwood College School. Three alum are rowing in the Olympics this week. Congrats to Malcolm Howard on his silver, and good luck to the rest today! Here’s a story about Brentwood and its rowing program.
- Chris howled with laughter over these photos of Olympic divers on the toilet.
- Have you tried Old Navy’s Activewear line? Chris picked up a few pairs of their running shorts and is impressed.
- New summer discovery: banana chocolate bars from Marios Gelati. Banana gelato dipped in Belgian milk chocolate. Need we say more?
- Michelle finally checked out the Holy Grill and can see what all the fuss is about — her Mr. Chicken panini was delicious. Next up: the Hot Chick Panini, with eggs, Cappicola, provolone, tomato and hot peppers.
- As for what’s next on her list of things to make at home, this Vegan Banana Coconut Ice Cream is a top contender.
- Colour Gloss manicures at Butter Beauty Parlour. The same idea as shellac manis — in which the gloss is cured with a UV light — but better colours to choose from!
- This great Calgary Herald story on local jewelry designer Bhawana Clark and her involvement with the annual Wings of Hope luncheon. Beautiful jewelry and a cause that’s near and dear to Michelle’s heart; she volunteers with Wings of Hope. Have you bought your tickets to the lunch yet? =)
- Last but not least, congratulations to Miranda! You’ve won a RainTee. We’ll be in touch to get your mailing address.
~The Toque Girls