Hello and happy Friday! If you feel like celebrating the weekend’s arrival, may we suggest you swing by Caffe Rosso‘s new location at the base of the Arriva condo tower on 11th Ave. to pick up a delicious coffee treat? We’ve always loved Caffe Rosso but the first two locations — in Ramsay and on Stephen Ave. — were never that convenient. Now that Rosso is in the Arriva tower, Michelle will be hitting it much more often. She thinks it’s the perfect treat post-working out at Inliv, which is on the 2nd floor of the Arriva building. Congrats on the new location, Caffe Rosso!
Let’s get to other things we’ve been liking this week:
- Stillwater Spa, one of our faves, recently closed its doors for renovations. While we’ll miss it for the six weeks or so that renos should take, we’re excited to see the new look! We’ll let you know when it’s up and running again.
- Michelle has loved Beirut‘s music ever since she interviewed the incredible artist, Bradley Harms, who was playing it in his studio at the time of the interview. So she was thrilled to see Beirut perform last night at the Calgary Folk Fest. If you haven’t checked them out yet (or even if you have), you have to watch the band’s stunning new video for the song The Rip Tide. Beautiful.
- New vino discovery: Joie Farm‘s Pinot Blanc 2011. Happiness in your wine glass.
- Have you heard about the new Cars2Go service in Calgary? It’s a great idea. Chris’ friend just signed up for all those times she bikes to work and can’t bike home in the evening because of thunderstorms.
- Wow. Sally Ride was an incredible person. Being the first American woman to fly in space was just one of the amazing things she did.
- We saw the movie Moonrise Kingdom this week. Ah, it’s a flick that’s good for the soul.
- Chris and husbs did a breathtaking ride along the Bow Valley Parkway last weekend and finished it off with an early dinner on the patio at the Banff Avenue Brewing Co. Happiness is a pint of their black pilsner and a bison burger.
- How freaking awesome is this? Absolutely Fabulous has an Olympic edition. Set the DVR for Thursday, Aug. 2! (Here’s the preview. So funny!)
- Last but not least, hooray for the Olympics! We’re pumped to watch. You can find the full schedule here.
Have a great weekend!
~The Toque Girls