Weekend, here we come. We’re both heading out of town for a mini-summer break. Chris is off to Invermere with the family and Michelle is taking off with friends. Good times will be had. We hope the same for you.
Now, let’s talk about the things that caught our attention this week:
- Remember when we told you about the Old Navy party at Model Milk and the Stampede style tips we got from fab stylist Kim Flanagan? Photographer/videographer Brian Buchscdruecker was there, putting together a cool video about the event. He caught us on the way out the door and asked us some questions. And apparently we made the cut! We have a quick appearance at the end of the video. Thanks again, Old Navy and Model Milk!
- Michelle is sold on NARS powders. Have you tried Super Orgasm blush? (Bypassing all jokes….) The pink shade has flecks of gold and is awesome, awesome, awesome. Or try the Hungry Heart duo, which makes your skin glow. The woman at the NARS counter told Michelle she uses it everywhere — on her cheekbones, décolletage and legs. Great idea.
- Huge HUGE online sale at Mackage! Chris has wanted this jacket forever. Alas, she was too late. They’re out of her size.
- And more ways to spend money: Studio Intent, a Calgary boutique that specializes in Canadian designers (like Mackage!), has a big summer sale with markdowns of 30-50%.
- Big Yay: Nordstrom is opening at Chinook Centre.
- This recipe for frozen yogurt sandwiches looks delicious.
- Chris’ husband introduced her to the music of The XX and now she’s hooked. iTunes describes them as “makeout music for cool kids.”
- The mystery solved: how to curl hair with a flat iron.
- Michelle very much wants this Rag & Bone skirt. And this dress.