What time is it?
It’s Vegas time! Michelle flies out tonight and is excited to have nights that lead to pictures like the one above. The photo is from a girls’ trip a few years ago, when the girls spent all night dancing, watched the sun come up and then dragged themselves to the Flamingo for breakfast. If you don’t see blog posts from Michelle next week, please send a search party.
Enough Vegas talk. Here’s our hot list for the week:
- The summer issue of Hers magazine. Chris has stories on how local Olympians train in the summer and summer health help and Michelle has stories on summer makeup and hair, spa deals and book picks from 10 fantastic Calgarians.
- Butter bean salad from Lina’s Italian Market. Spectacular and simple. Chris experiencing major addiction. She could eat it every day.
- Have you seen Midnight in Paris? Go. Run. Then spend the rest of the week trying on sequins and dancing around the house like you’re in a 1920s nightclub in Paris, along with Hemmingway, Zelda and Scott Fitzgerald and a host of others.
- Double Zero Pizza, which we’d mentioned before but hadn’t had the pleasure of experiencing. Michelle ate lunch there this week with her friend, a girl known in the oil and gas world as JHO, and they both thought it was fantastic. The space is cool — big, open, welcoming — and the salama pizza and caprese salad they shared were delicious. Big thumbs up for this new eatery.
- We’re super-hooked on the latest summer lip products from Canmore’s Rocky Mountain Soap Company. They’re natural, local and keep lips soft without drying them out. The hands-down favourite: lemon-lime lip butter.
- The only downside about heading to Vegas is Michelle will miss watching her awesome personal trainer, Kevin Lim, race in the Canadian Track and Field Championships, which are on now and run through tomorrow. More than 600 athletes will be competing at Foothills Athletic Park, and the winners will head to the world championships in August. If you can make it, head down to catch some amazing athleticism. And please cheer for Kevin on Michelle’s behalf!
See you Monday!
~The Toque Girls