Hello! We’re so glad to see the weekend. There’s been way too many early mornings and late nights this week. On the agenda for this weekend: sleep-ins and snowy mountains. Michelle is heading to Banff for her office Xmas party and Chris will be hitting up Lake Louise for her first ski day of the year (and is just remembering that she hasn’t done the annual ski tune up). Above, a photo of Chris testing out her snow legs in Lake Louise a few weeks ago.
- Oh yes. And oh no. Aritzia’ online shop is now up and running. We are both Aritzia devotees so, while this news is theoretically excellent, our wallets are cringing in fear.
- The winter issue of HERS magazine is out and, as always, some of our dear friends have contributed stories. We both did, too! Christina has some great health tips and a story on working out vs. sitting out and Michelle has a piece on her Watsu experience at Rancho La Puerta (with some options for Calgary-area spa treatments that involve water).
- Remember when we chatted with Beth Doane and gave away one of her RainTees? This week, her children’s book was published and is now available for sale via Amazon. It would make for an awesome Christmas gift!
- This lip balm is fantastic and would make for a handy little stocking stuffer.
- Wow. This short, heartwarming news story made Michelle cry. Such a great story! Thanks, Brent, for passing it on.
- For all the people who search “zombies” and end up on our blog somehow, we finally have something for you. This New York Times piece on “Nature’s Zombies” is a good read.
- After her adventures in NYC speakeasies, Chris is inspired to make fancy cocktails this Christmas. Anyone want to join her for this holiday-themed bar skills course at Culinary Campus?
- This sweater is so soft and classic. Chris almost bought it in NYC and didn’t. Now experiencing major saver’s remorse, a.k.a. when you should’ve bought something but didn’t.
~The Toque Girls