We just got home from a crazy killer workout, at the hands of a statuesque blond woman who could crush a man with her thighs. Our bodies ache. We can feel every muscle. Sadly, we will still not crush men with our thighs. (Maybe if we sit on them??)
Inspired by the cellulite-free goddess, we made a very healthy Mediterranean quinoa salad with jumbo shrimp (and a wee bit of cheese). It’s one of those meals that even the hungriest alpha male would enjoy. Really. We swear.
Mediterranean Quinoa for Goddesses
(Don’t pay too much attention to the exact quantities. Sometimes, you just have to work with what’s in the fridge.)
- Three cups of cooked quinoa (Do rinse it before cooking. Really. We swear.)
- One diced cucumber
- Seven sundried tomatoes
- Seven sweet berry tomatoes
- Eight shelled English peas
- Half cup of feta
- 18 sundried olives
- (We meant to add half an avocado but it was still as hard as a hockey puck.)
Mix altogether while chatting about outfits for tomorrow’s Holt Renfrew fall fashion 2010 launch. Run eight jumbo shrimp under water to thaw.
- A few tablespoons of chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup of basil-infused olive oil
- One big chunk of sliced lemon
- Salt and pepper
Combine first three ingredients. Salt and pepper to your liking. Dump over salad. Add prawns. Chow down. Then eat ice cream sandwiches.