Hello, Friday. Hello, April (almost).
We both felt like this all week:
We’re both ready for some time off, replacing fluorescent lights with sunshine. Chris will be in New York for another few days and Michelle will be in the mountains.
On the list for this week:
- Chris is a sucker for pale pink nail polishes. She and Scotch Naturals nail polish in Neat are about to become very good friends. Have you heard of Scotch? They make water-based polishes that don’t use DBT, formaldehyde, acetone or heavy metals.
- Yann Haute Patisserie in mission makes marvelous macaroons. A macaroon is a cookie sandwich. So, we’re expecting very good things when the bakery rolls out its new sandwiches and other savory treats. Should be in store by the time Chris gets home!
- Speaking of sandwiches, Michelle recommends the burger at Model Milk. It’s easy to spot on their menu – simply called The Burger — and it’s delicious. She knows because she’s had it twice in the last week.
- This Bath & Body Works shower gel. Heavenly but be warned: using it will make you yearn for a beach vacation.
- Biking season is just around the corner (or so we hope). Bow Cycle & Sports has a killer sale on bikes and gear, starting tomorrow.
- Michelle feels lucky to have recently interviewed and written about two inspiring individuals: Ron Razon, a Calgary runner who was impaled by a forklift — and nearly killed — in 2007, and Christiane Germain, the co-president of the Germain Group. You can find Ron’s story in Impact Magazine and Christiane‘s in Chatelaine. (Or you can just click on the links above.)
Have a great one!
~The Toque Girls