Photo by f8 photography
What a difference a year makes! One year ago this weekend, Chris’ sister Nicole and then boyfriend Martin married. Congrats N&M on your first anniversary.
On the list this week:
- Hungry? Head over to Holt Renfrew Calgary where Crave has a pop-up shop today from 12:00-4:00. Whoopie pies and cupcakes!
- We loved this article in the NY Times on What’s the best exercise? Turns out this horrible workout is good for us.
- Holy smokes, Calgary has changed! Check out this photo of the downtown skyline in 1943.
- Looking for recipe ideas? Sweetspot.ca put together a great list of food blogs.
- The Victoria’s Secret Grand Opening in Calgary will be May 5, with supermodels Candice Swanepoel and Doutzen Kroes representing the angels.
- Wine Wednesdays at Sociale. How can you go wrong with $5 glasses of wine? That’s right. You can’t.
- Friends who offer to make scones and PVR the royal wedding — and invite us over to share in the fun.
- Have you checked out this great piece in Elle on international street styles? Let’s hear it for Vancouver girls.
Have a great weekend of royal wedding watching and whatever else you get up to!
~The Toque Girls
PS – I had to add some funny wedding highlights that you might not have seen. Have you seen the vicar who did cartwheels in the abbey after the ceremony? Check it out here. And the grimacing flower girl?